Kane County Utah Government : http://kane.utah.gov/

Kane County Care and Share


Food is available for pick up on the first and third Thursdays of the month.


Care and Share Notice

Welcome to Kane County Care & Share


The Kane County Care & Share program is the equivalent of a Food Bank and is set up to provide 15 meals per person per month (or five days of meals per person per month). It is open on the first and third Thursday of each month and is set up like a grocery store pantry. Families and/or individuals who pass the eligibility requirements can pick up client choice food from the pantry to help subsidize their groceries.


Eligibility: To determine eligibility for the Care & Share food program, an individual or family must fill out an intake form. The program is based primarily on income* (and the number of people – if applicable – in the family). The person(s) must also be a resident of Kane County; have photo identification showing birth date; and have a verifiable phone number. [*Income requirements are federally based and are adjusted yearly.]


Location: Kane County currently operates three pantries – Kanab, Orderville, and Big Water.

Kanab, 56 W. 450 North (next to Kanab Senior Center); Hours: 4-6 p.m. [senior citizens and handicap ONLY can use pantry from 2-4 p.m.]

Orderville/Long Valley, 415 E. State St. Hwy. 89 (Long Valley Senior Center); Hours: 4-6 p.m.

Big Water, 175 Aaron Burr Avenue, Big Water, UT; Hours: 6-8 p.m. (Arizona Time)


All three food pantries are supported by the Utah Food Bank of Salt Lake City and through local donations.


Donations: Those interested in donating non-perishable food items may do so at the Kanab pantry five days a week from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Care & Share building or at the Kanab Senior Center. Donations for Orderville or Big Water, please call (435) 691-0228.


Please note: Please do not donate items older than three years old. Use the rule that if you would no longer eat it, don’t pass it off to others. We do not accept items with leaks, bulges or home-canned foods.


For more information: Please call Craig Hansen, (435) 691-0228.


Care and Share Contact Information

Phone: 435-691-0228

Craig Hansen

Send Email

All content ©2017 Kane County Utah Government  •   Custom Website Design and ColdFusion Web Hosting by GoWest Web Design