Planning Commission

Welcome to the Kane County Planning Commission information page. 


All applications can be found in the "documents" tab.

Please make all checks payable to: Kane County

All Kane County Land Use Ordinances can be found by clicking >Ordinances< and selecting Title 9- Land Use

Note: Land Owners, Developers of Land within Kane County and the General Public: You are hereby given notice that Kane County will not issue building permits for structures on land within the county that has been improperly divided into two (2) or more parcels until the developer has fully complied with all requirements of Kane County's current Land Use and Subdivision Ordinances.

Kane County Planning Commission

Planning Commission meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month.

January 9, 2019

February 13, 2019

March 13, 2019

April 10, 2019

May 8, 2019

June 10, 2019  (Monday)  3:00pm 

July 10, 2019

August 14, 2019

September 11, 2019

October 9, 2019

November 13, 2019

December 11, 2019


All complete applications and items to be placed on the Planning and Zoning Commission Agenda must be received a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to Land Use Authority meeting date. This ensures that all items are properly reviewed by The Land Use Authority, The Kane County Engineer and Kane County Attorney's office.




Kane County General Plan

Kane County Maps


Public Notices

Address: 76 North Main Kanab, UT 84741

Land Use Authority Office Staff

Shannon McBride, Land Use Administrator, email: || phone: 435-644-4966

Wendy Allan, Land Use Administrative Assistant, email: || phone: 435-644-4364

Planning Commission Members

Tony Chelewski, Chair

Daniel Brown, Vice Chair

Wade Heaton, email: || cell phone: 435-691-1997

Byard Kershaw, email: || cell phone: 602-478-9621

Dale Clarkson

Harold Hamblin

Doug Heaton

Commissioner Andy Gant, Ex-Officio, email: || cell: 435-310-1419